POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Superellipsoids & Orthographic Camera - Bug ? : Re: Superellipsoids & Orthographic Camera - Bug ? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:37:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Superellipsoids & Orthographic Camera - Bug ?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 May 2000 10:55:59
Message: <khc5is4eiq159lfthh178j9kq3dhithck9@4ax.com>
On Tue, 16 May 2000 21:29:28 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>I seem to remember there being precision problems with cameras pointed
>along an axis...I could be wrong though. Anyway, try moving the camera
>slightly.

This only holds true if the direction vector is parallel to the y
axis. However I am pretty certain that what we're seeing here is a
precision problem related to the bounding scheme and the fact that it
only manifests itself with the orthographic camera.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet