POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering part of an image in black and white : Rendering part of an image in black and white Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering part of an image in black and white
From: Kaveh Bazargan
Date: 26 Aug 2003 05:30:53
Message: <kaveh1000-7C8313.10305126082003@netplex.aussie.org>
I have a particular project for which I need to render a scene in black
and white. Ideally, I need a filter (like a photographic filter) which
shows a scene in black and white when we look through it.

So imagine a rendered scene which is in full color, except a part of it
which is scene through a special glass filter which is held up.

I looked at the archives and the nearest solution I can find is to use
hf_gray_16 in the global settings, and re-import that to somehow
generate a black and white scene:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/1150/

Is there any other method I can use to do this in a single render?

--
Kaveh