POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glass and wood problem : Re: Glass and wood problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass and wood problem
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Aug 2009 15:55:58
Message: <ka4e851ldlb3bj2v56rrjesv2ughk6ho5f@4ax.com>
On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 15:24:48 EDT, "StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>Try increasing max_trace_level from 5 to 11
>
>global_settings {
>    max_trace_level 11
>}

I think that there is also a coincident surface as well. Increase the height of
the box by adding a tiny bit to the translate like    translate y*7.51
You don't need a merge unless you are going to add something else to the box and
want to get rid of the internal structure.

When you look at the Statistics in the message window you will see Max Level:
5/5.
That means that the maximum of 5 has been reached. I changed max_trace_level to
25 then PovRay reports Max Level: 11/25

So you can use any value above 10 in your scene.

Render Statistics
Image Resolution 512 x 384

Pixels:           196608   Samples:               0   Smpls/Pxl: 0.00
Rays:            2371030   Saved:                 0   Max Level: 5/5

--

Regards
     Stephen