POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Difference Small objects and Glass Cube : Re: Difference Small objects and Glass Cube Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Difference Small objects and Glass Cube
From: Mike Williams
Date: 13 Sep 2004 03:03:08
Message: <kCKl+AARYURBFwy6@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Mike Williams who wrote:

>If none of the bubbles touch the surface of the box, then I think you
>can you can get the refractions correct by making a union of the bubbles
>and giving them a material{} that's the same as the box except that the
>interior ior of the bubbles is set to 1.0

I've now done a quick write up of this method and added it to my holes
tutorial.

<http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/holetut/holes3.htm>

The speed turns out to be quite good, but the bubbles tend to cast
unrealistic white anti-shadows, so I suggest using no-shadow on them.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure