POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : doc suggestion : Re: doc suggestion Server Time
2 May 2024 05:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: doc suggestion
Date: 4 Jun 2002 14:36:43
Message: <k61qfuki6djjal05ra5jhmi7mpr691099d@4ax.com>
On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:09:22 -0500, "bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> Where current open file is located, whether it be pov or inc, in Windows
> anyway. I think the doc is intending you to know the file being worked on
> (open) is going to cause it's path to be the current directory.

You are right probably. Here is simple example what confused me - I have 3
files with following content:

C:\SCENE\SCENE.POV : #include "c:\test\test1.inc"
C:\TEST\TEST1.INC  : #include "test2.inc"
C:\TEST\TEST2.INC  : #debug "test\n"

When I open in WinPOV3.5RC5 SCENE.POV and start parsing then it fails on
#include keyword in TEST1.

  File: c:\test\test1.inc  Line: 1
  Error: Could not find file 'test2.inc'

  File: c:\test\test1.inc  Line: 1
  #include "test2.inc"

   <----ERROR

  Parse Error: Cannot open include file test2.inc.
  File: c:\test\test1.inc  Line: 1
  Warning: Check that the file is in a directory specifed with a +L switch
  or 'Library_Path=' .INI item. Standard include files are in the
  include directory or folder. Please read your documentation carefully.

I want to point that documentation is not very accurate in this content.

ABX