POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Patch Newbie asks about blob2 : Re: Patch Newbie asks about blob2 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:39:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patch Newbie asks about blob2
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Dec 2003 08:39:00
Message: <k1n5c1-a3f.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
gregjohn wrote:
> [...]
>
> 1) Is the blob2 patch already released.

Yes, see:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/files/mpp1.0_1release.tar.gz

> 2) Is it stabilized-- syntax stabilized?

The syntax is fairly simple so it probably will not be changed much
although it could be extended of course.  AFAIK there are still several
problems leading to unexpected results but for many things the patch is
fairly usable.

> 3) Is it on a "main branch" of MegaPov?

No.

The past threads in this group about the blob2 patch reveral some of the
reasons.  It would be great to have it included for sure so i encourage
Samuel's and others' attempts to improve it.

Note that the release of the next MegaPOV depends on the next official
POV-Ray release so the fact that there has not been any new version for
about a year does not mean that much.  More frequent releases would for
sure be good for introducing new patches like blob2.  We (the megapov
team) are not happy with the situation either but we have only very
limited influence on this.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______