POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Retaining persistent variables in MegaPov 1.0 : Re: Retaining persistent variables in MegaPov 1.0 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:50:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Retaining persistent variables in MegaPov 1.0
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 Oct 2003 14:02:02
Message: <jtvd51-41u.ln1@triton.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
sups wrote:
> Hi ABX!
>
> Thank you for both your replies. From your previous reply it was clear that
> persistent variables may not have made it to MP1.0. But in the manuals of
> MP1.0, nowhere it has been explicitly mentioned. Therefore I had the
> slightest hope that this feature may be accesible in some other way. It
> would be really nice to get this feature back since my code is not
> compatible with MP0.7.

It is not very likely that this will happen any time soon.  The
persistence of variables patch was somewhat ugly and Nathan was probably
the only one who really understood it.

I would also prefer a different syntax for such a patch.  Like for
example a new #persistent directive which works like #declare and #local
but stores the data differently so it is not cleared after each frame.

Christoph

Last updated 2 Sep. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______