POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface troble : Re: Isosurface troble Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:10:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface troble
From: Peter Popov
Date: 7 Aug 2002 17:24:50
Message: <jp33lu4h4sf8knpgf3l3ltugem5shjpp0i@4ax.com>
On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 15:03:21 -0500, Christopher James Huff
<chr### [at] maccom> wrote:

>It should be possible to get the desired effect using an intersection of
>a height field and a box.

I know it _should_ and it works in some cases, but it doesn't always
work. The old trick used was to clip the HF with an open cylinder and
union it with the cylinder clipped by the HF. However, there's no open
box except for an open prism, and that produced artifacts that sturm
didn't fix. It didn't work with clipping or intersecting it with a
regular box either, nor with a semi-open box clipped by a plane.

Do you really think I am _that_ new to POV? :)

It just occurred to me I didn't try intersecting it with a mesh box.
Back to the drawing table.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg