POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hair-Modelling using Springs? : Re: Hair-Modelling using Springs? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hair-Modelling using Springs?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 5 Sep 2002 02:41:11
Message: <jnudnu4v5eaqvtqe5vt8moamv8qmjio4v5@4ax.com>
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 06:30:25 +0200, "Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>I know that my approach is kinda freaky, but my latest
>algorithm made use of electrostatic repulsion (see some
>recent animations in binaries), it was rather fast and needed
>only few iterations to come to a stable state.

Well, what do you think a distance-based penalty function is? :)

The idea behind using IK is that a) the computational overhead is
smaller than with real thread dynamics and b) you can more or less
make the system do any kind of haircut.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg