POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSG vs. Shape Modifiers : Re: CSG vs. Shape Modifiers Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG vs. Shape Modifiers
From: Peter Popov
Date: 21 Jan 2001 03:06:14
Message: <jn3l6tgi0nekmr2m8q05tg7t7t32ame42q@4ax.com>
On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:00:35 +0200, Eitan Tal
<eit### [at] netvisionnetil> wrote:

>I am sorry, I won't do that again. I didn't know, please don't ban me!

Eitan,

we are a helpful crowd here and if you're shown a mistake of yours, it
is only for your benefit. Chill down :)

Banning is an extreme step. So far, in the 4 (5?) years this
newsserver has been active, only one person has been banned and the
action was not taken lightheartedly from the admin. This person, Matt
Giwer, was banner because he continuously (read: for at least a year,
if not two) and deliberately broke the server Acceptable Use Policy.
He often posted inflammatory material that insulted members of this
community, including Team members, on their race, religion, political
views, or simply by name-calling. He has started and actively
maintained numerous flame wars. He was warned many times, publically
and privately, but he did not wish to comply to the AUP. It was as
late as then that he was then banned, and it was not without a long
and heavy discussion among Team and TAG members before the action was
taken.

It takes a lot of effort on one's side to deserve a ban from this
server. Don't worry :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg