POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : 2 Opal rings : Re: 2 Opal rings Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:39:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2 Opal rings
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Feb 2007 05:10:06
Message: <jn30u2p23ii3vos9egjn92vag28knpohq4@4ax.com>
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:35:11 EST, "Grassblade" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> "Ben Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote in message
>> > object {
>> > horse
>> > translate x*some_num
>> > translate y*sin(clock*some_num2)*some_num3
>> > rotate y*some_num4
>> > }
>>

>>     And that's it? That'll make my horse go up and down whilst rotating? I
>> imagined some longer code... Thanks Ben, will give it a try when I'm fully
>> modeled-up for the scene.
>>
>>      ~Steve~
>Actually no, that's not it. You need to multiply the last line (rotate
>y*some_num4) by the clock too, to make the horse move in circles.

It looked right when I came in last night from the pub :-)
Actually I was going to say to Steve that he does not need to render a full
circle. Because of the inherent symmetry of a carousel you just need to render a
fraction. If there are 12 horses in the outer row then 30 degrees is all you
need to do. The way I constructed mine was in sections by groups then the groups
were referenced. So it was the groups that rotated around the y axis and the
horses translated in the y axis.

Regards
	Stephen