POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Making VCDs? : Re: Making VCDs? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:51:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making VCDs?
From: Jerry
Date: 20 Nov 2002 12:25:06
Message: <jerry-CB9898.09250520112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DDB24A9.57B49313@buckosoft.com>,
 Dick Balaska <dik### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
>I wonder if anyone here has made a VCD.  I can't get mine to work.
>I've tried two programs InstantVideo and VCDEasy to burn the disks.
>I've tried VCD1.0 VCD1.1 and VCD2 (so, six coasters).
>I have two consumer decks; a 3 year old Sony DVP-S550D with a sticker that
>sez VideoCD on it.  The APEX's manual sez it supports VCD 1.1 and VCD 2.

If you are burning the CD yourself, your player has to also support the
CD, not just the format. So, for example, if you are burning on CD-R,
your player has to support playing from CD-R. What happens if you make a
standard audio CD (not an MP3 CD) on the same kind of CD. Will your
player play that? If not, it won't play your home-made Video CD either.

When I bought my DVD player a few years ago, the ability to play from
CD-R was a major concern of mine; as I recall, the Sony's didn't have
that, although I believe they have finally seen the light.

Jerry
--
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've