POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: My particle system is released Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:33:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My particle system is released
From: Jerry
Date: 23 Oct 2002 13:11:13
Message: <jerry-864306.10111323102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3db5e6b8@news.povray.org>,
 "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:
>> I actually think the odds for earning some cash that way are
>> better then through direct sales - in the long run that is.
>
>Well, I fail to see how.

I once wrote an enhancement for PHP's ftp routines that allowed ftping
directly to a string (or directly from a string, I can't remember now),
in a manner similar to what PHP's file access routines could do with a
file. It was completely unnecessary, because PHP's file access routines
could work with URLs.

It was really a problem with the documentation--at the time, PHP's FTP
documentation did not refer to the file access documentation for people
needing those features. So I added a note to the PHP documentation
comment area (PHP's web documentation is the only programming language
documentation for which I prefer the on-line version to printed version)
noting what I had done and why it was unnecessary.

it, would have been nil; the functionality was completely unnecessary.
But because of that comment I have actually received (and been paid for)
a review job for the FTP section of a PHP book :*)

(note follow-ups)

Jerry
--
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've