POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Jerry
Date: 28 Dec 2000 11:39:49
Message: <jerry-640FEF.08395028122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a4ac99b@news.povray.org>, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

>Personally, I'm not surprised that it got removed.  I last reset the
>newsgroup less than two months ago.  Since then, there have been over
>fifteen hundred messages that have met the criteria for either my killfile
>or my ignore list.

See, I think this is part of the problem. In an off-topic discussion,
why should this be considered a bad thing? Off-topic doesn't have a
topic. There *should* be a lot of things you aren't interested in seeing
or actively don't want to spend the time seeing in an off-topic
newsgroup. If there isn't, the newsgroup is dead or dying.

Jerry
--
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've