POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: pov-news search engine? : Re: pov-news search engine? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov-news search engine?
From: Jerry
Date: 29 Feb 2000 13:23:50
Message: <jerry-38FB1A.10234829022000@news.povray.org>
In article <CUe4OGvvcHNPawe7MvSuMt6GRtjN@4ax.com>, Peter Popov
<pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
>The text on this server sums up to over two hundred megabytes (headers
>included). Imagine having 50 users searching through that. Add the
>overhead of compression which is used to save disk space, and you get
>a somewhat clear picture of the situation.

200 MB would fit quite easily on a CD-ROM. I'd be willing to pay $30 or
so for a complete archive of the POV news groups, perhaps throw in
c.g.r.r as well, to fill in the space?

I've also had requests for off-line copies of my POV web pages. An
archive of POV tutorials pages could fill in that extra 400 MB also :*)

Jerry