POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hexagonal grid pattern? : Hexagonal grid pattern? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Hexagonal grid pattern?
From: Jerry
Date: 2 Jan 2003 13:48:08
Message: <jerry-2B7BB9.10480402012003@netplex.aussie.org>
I'd like to be able to make a hexagonal grid for use in making maps.
Making square grids for maps is easy enough with gradient x/gradient z,
but I can't figure out how to make a hexagonal grid. The hexagonal
pattern is not for grids but for solid hexagons.

You can see an example of what hexagonal grids look like at:

http://www.godsmonsters.com/Master/image003.gif

Is there a way of making such a pattern? Perhaps using functions?

Standard POV or MegaPOV are both fine. (I vaguely remember someone
making a few more shapes for patterns a while back, though I don't know
that hexagons were among them.)

Jerry
--
http://www.hoboes.com/jerry/
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've