POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Screensaver (you know you've been...) : Re: Screensaver (you know you've been...) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Screensaver (you know you've been...)
From: Jerry
Date: 18 Mar 1999 15:12:33
Message: <jerry-1803991212370001@cerebus.acusd.edu>
In article <36f15547.0@news.povray.org>, "Rune S. Johansen"
<run### [at] get2netdk> wrote:
>An obvious choice would be a screensaver
>that displays the quotes from the treat
>"You know you've been raytracing too long
>when..."
>
>I, however, is not able to make it. If
>there's any programmer who can do it, it
>would be great.

There is a plug-in for After Dark called "Headlines". I think it was
available for both Mac and Windows, but its been a while since I've used
After Dark on Windows. It also works with the freeware "Dark Side of the
Mac" for Macintosh. This plug-in could show random quotes.

There should be plug-ins that show images on the screen, though I don't
know. And After Dark has the ability to combine different screensaver
plug-ins, allowing you to show the image and have text on top of the
image.

Jerry