POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d noise in superpatch patterns? : Re: 3d noise in superpatch patterns? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d noise in superpatch patterns?
From: Jerry
Date: 1 Oct 1999 16:14:26
Message: <jerry-0110991314150001@cerebus.acusd.edu>
In article <37f4f353@news.povray.org>, par### [at] fwicom wrote:
>It's a newer feature, and it's only in the superpatch.  Unfortunately, nobody
>has yet succeeded in building a Mac version of the superpatch. :(

The Unofficial has the important ones, for the rest I'm willing to wait
until 3.5 (will this new version of isosurface be in 3.5?)

>Fortunately, you can still do a lot with noise3d without using bozo (which
>is practically noise3d anyway.)

It wasn't actually bozo I wanted, but the ability to use patterns in
general. Does this feature work to actually create isosurface objects as
well? In other words, does this allow us to use patterns to deform
isosurface objects instead of, but identical to, what 'normal' patterns
fake?

Jerry