POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : geocities and copyright : Re: geocities and copyright Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: geocities and copyright
From: Jerry
Date: 1 Jul 1999 11:03:11
Message: <jerry-0107990803120001@cerebus.acusd.edu>
In article <377b6cbd@news.povray.org>, par### [at] fwicom wrote:
>Speaking as someone whose ISP seems to have done exactly that (buy
>a computer, slap a big HD in it, set it up, and forget it) I would
>recommend finding an ISP with some competent sysadmins instead. :)

For a non-local non-dialup ISP (unless you live in Austin or Houston), I
have found http://www.io.com/ to be generally good. (They have their ups
and downs, however.) You can get a telnet-only account for $10/month,
which includes 5 or 10 megabytes of space.

I have had the following non-dialup ISP recommended to me a number of
times, but haven't tried them out myself yet: http://www.pair.com/ They
are also very inexpensive.

Jerry