POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hierarchy in POV-Ray ? : Re: Hierarchy in POV-Ray ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hierarchy in POV-Ray ?
From: ABX
Date: 2 Jul 2003 02:28:50
Message: <jau4gv4qra1qp9v6dqd70fu4f5o67vfqaj@4ax.com>
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:05:38 +0200, Oodini <svd### [at] freeFr> wrote:
> Well, suppose I want to do a solar system. All the planets are supposed
> to turn around the sun (don't care about spin), and follow it when the
> sun turns around the center of the galaxy.
> I mean thiskind of hierarchy.

Probably your question starts from misunderstanding that you can't create
object, then create orher object, then describe relation, then apply various
transformation selectively to various elements. But what are you looking for is
probably system like

#declare Earth_Globe=sphere{...};
#declare Moon_Globe=sphere{...};
#declare Earth_System=union{