POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D World Mag : Re: 3D World Mag Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D World Mag
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Dec 2003 12:02:28
Message: <j2nbb1-jsp.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Here's a link to the magazine with a close up of the image.
> http://www.3dworldmag.com/
> It's my "Cool cows" image flipped horizontally. I had to re-render the texts
> (labels) to do this without re-rendering the whole image.
>
> Notice the irony: a POV-Ray image is used to sell Maya, AfterEffects,
> Lightwave and the rest.

Yes, when reading:

"Issue 47 also contains the first part of our new series of beginners'
tutorials. Over the next six months, we'll be showing you how to model,
texture, light and animate a complete 3D scene, with all the necessary
software and project files provided on the cover CD."

i already thought that it would be completely unrealistic of me to
assume this refers to a POV-Ray tutorial...

> There'll be a cover for a German computer science journal too, to be
> published later.

Care to tell the name of the journal?

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______