POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sweep Spline Along Spline : Re: Sweep Spline Along Spline Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sweep Spline Along Spline
From: ABX
Date: 23 Apr 2004 09:43:32
Message: <j17i80ta69m2cs0ubbllllvlv2erl1i58m@4ax.com>
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:27:26 EDT, "SunTzu2" <sun### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Thank you.  My first impression (after about 2 minutes looking at the code)
> is that I don't understand what the 'waist' parameter is for in the
> 'sweepspline' macro.  If you know I'd appreciate it if you could tell me,
> otherwise I'll just play with it when I get home from work and try and
> figure it out.

I never used this macro but as far as I understand description:

Waist  A spline with x coordinates that specify the radius of the spheresweep
       The secion of the spline between control points 0 and 1 will be used

it is characteristic how radius changes along base spline. So Basically
writing it this way:

My_Waist = spline { linear_spline 0 , 0 , 1 , 2 }

means for me that at the begioning sweeped shape is as minimal as possible :-)
(nothing/point/vertex) and at the end of sweeping it is twice large as
designed. But as I said I never used that macro.

ABX