POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Doctor Morbius
Date: 6 Apr 2004 15:02:55
Message: <itv570lfli04r0meok3vsoqkl1fvvpcgvr@4ax.com>
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:19:52 +0200, Florian Brucker
<tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:

>> 2. I don't require reaction or comment.
>That's for example one thing I do not understand about your attitude.

Don't worry about it. It is a simple concept - it just takes a bit of
getting used to.

>When you are not interested in other people's reactions or comments on
>your images, why do you post your images here?

To express my mind.

> I mean, I don't post my
>images to renderosity, for example, simply because it's a place to post
>CGI work.

I pick here because I have POV work to express.

>> 3. Yes. You will be seeing much of me in the future.
>Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against your images, I just
>said that I don't like your attitude, which seems to be to simply
>disturb the normal life in these groups.
>Although your images are often rather simple (in the technical way that
>is), they have, as others already pointed out, often more artistic merit
>than other posts.

Thank you. As for my attitude, it's perhaps because there's a degree
of difference between me and the average person here.

>> 4. You also note I've become less aggressive since the start of my
>> most recent posting season here.
>I noticed that and I think it's a good development :) We aren't an
>intolerant community here. Call us old-fashioned, but IMHO we prefer
>things to change slowly (like with image/video encoding formats).

Well it's not as if one person can make them go any faster.

>Florian

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com