POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Windows makefile for MegaPOV? : Re: Windows makefile for MegaPOV? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:47:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows makefile for MegaPOV?
From: ABX
Date: 11 Jun 2003 14:58:53
Message: <itteevch226ejn3jl2f9rj46qha8836h6i@4ax.com>
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:19:43 +0200, Lutz-Peter Hooge <lpv### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Does anyone have a makefile(and config.h and what else is needed)
> for compiling the windows (non-console) version of MegaPOV with a
> free compiler? Like BCC 5.5 or Watcom? (I already downloaded the
> BCC5.5 makefile for POV 3.5 but a version for MegaPOV would be nice)

I have makefile for Borland but it is highly adjusted to the development of
MegaPOV which means it has internal construction to build three frontends with
two independent versions of Borland compiler into separate folders. It also
contains dependicies of newer version of MegaPOV and significantly changed
structure of source folders. So all together it wouldn't be useful for you with
pure MegaPOV 1.0. But I started build it from makefile delivered by Vahur
Krouverk http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/27877/ with all his
notes about adjusting environment. I did not yet forced Open Watcom to build
GUI, I have only console version. I have also makefile to build MegaPOV with
Digital Mars compiler. But it has structure like for Borland and I had to
introduce some changes in windows GUI sources specificaly for DM so again not
very usefull (thought Digital Mars can be interesting if you plan to compile
many times during some long development - Digital Mars has fastest compiler but
slowest binaries). In case of problems feel free to ask.

> Btw, so far i've only seen console versions build with MingW, is it
> not possible to compile the windows version with it?

Probably. I never tried it but I have seen windows applications with GUI
compiled with MinGW. MinGW people maintain MS independent version of w32api
headers.

ABX