POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : attn: pov programmers : Re: attn: pov programmers Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: attn: pov programmers
From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 Jul 2000 17:34:24
Message: <iru6nsg29tjh6ibjksagcl1m925g7b377r@4ax.com>
On 17 Jul 2000 09:26:02 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  I think that someone suggested something like this a long time ago. The
>idea was the same, ie. adding an 'inverse' keyword to the camera. It would
>make povray to take the farthest intersection of the camera ray with the
>scene instead of the nearest. That is, instead of shooting the ray from
>the camera to the infinity, the ray is kind of shot from infinity to the
>camera, and the scene is thus seen from "outside".

But that would be slooow, especially with isosurfaces, text, CSG,
julias, polys etc. Shooting from 'infinity' to the camera is a better
idea, or even better, as already suggested, from a specified distance
to the camera (which would also eliminate precision problems)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet