POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Looking into NEAR future. Server Time: 28 Sep 2020 15:52:49 GMT
  Looking into NEAR future. (Message 3 to 12 of 12)  
<<< Previous 2 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 23 Feb 2007 19:05:01
Message: <web.45df39de5069c1262d8fb84f0@news.povray.org>
"Andrey K." <run### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> Well, end of February almost here. Main question (except famous Theory of
> Everything) is what will be with topic for Mar-Apr?

I had an idea that for a topic I think might be fun and challenging:
"Before and After".  The objective would be to create a single image file
made up of two separate pictures depicting the same scene at two different
moments in time, one BEFORE "the Big Event" and one AFTER.
(It would be okay to render the two images as separate files and combine the
in post processing.)


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 24 Feb 2007 08:03:14
Message: <45dff142@news.povray.org>
"Mike the Elder" <zer### [at] wyanorg> schreef in bericht 
news:web.45df39de5069c1262d8fb84f0@news.povray.org...
>
> I had an idea that for a topic I think might be fun and challenging:
> "Before and After".  The objective would be to create a single image file
> made up of two separate pictures depicting the same scene at two different
> moments in time, one BEFORE "the Big Event" and one AFTER.
> (It would be okay to render the two images as separate files and combine 
> the
> in post processing.)
>

Hmm.... I like that!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry Shaw
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 24 Feb 2007 15:29:35
Message: <45e059df@news.povray.org>
As of January 11, I was anxiously checking this group at least twice a 
day for current info.

On January 12, a serious ice storm hit the Missouri Ozarks.  That 
evening, it sounded like an artillery barrage outside my little house in 
the woods, with tree limbs and then whole trees cracking, shattering, 
crashing to the ground.  In the wee hours of the 13th, my electricity 
went out.  That afternoon, my dogs and I hiked up the great big icy hill 
and across the neighbor's icy pasture to my car (which, thank goodness, 
I'd parked at the top of the hill, thinking that the road might get 
slick--didn't think it might be completely buried in trees) and 
evacuated ourselves to my sister's house in town.

As of last week, I finally had electricity.  Early this week, the noisy, 
staticky phone line was finally repaired and I got my Internet 
connection back.  After a long week of repairing things, dragging tree 
limbs off things, and so forth, I said to myself, "Self, let's take a 
break and go see if there's anything interesting happening on the IRTC 
board."

Oh.  My.  God.

Missing admin!  Army of volunteers arising to save the IRTC!  Ideas 
flying like cows in a tornado!

Tina Chep!  What a marvelous idea!  I want to play!  And it's the 24th!  
(Insert groans and heavy sighs here.)  Dammit!  Dammit!  Dammit!

<Mom voice>  I turn my back for *five minutes* and look what happens!  
</Mom voice>

--Sherry Shaw

-- 
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+
1;#end camera{location-5*z}plane{z,37 pigment{granite color_map{[.7rgb 0]
[1rgb 1]}}finish{ambient 2}}//                                   TenMoons


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 24 Feb 2007 15:45:46
Message: <45e05daa$1@news.povray.org>
"Sherry Shaw" <tenmoonsPutAtCharacterHereaol-dot-com> wrote in message 
news:45e059df@news.povray.org...

> Oh.  My.  God.

  LOL! Well, you can still enter the Tina Chep comp, just do anything that 
doesn't include a checkered plane and send it to me. I'm hoping that some 
others are soon finishing their entries as we need more than we've got at 
the moment...

   Anyway, glad you made it through that storm, it sounded quite bad.

    ~Steve~





> --Sherry Shaw
>
> -- 
> #macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
> .3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+
> 1;#end camera{location-5*z}plane{z,37 pigment{granite color_map{[.7rgb 0]
> [1rgb 1]}}finish{ambient 2}}//                                   TenMoons


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 25 Feb 2007 08:55:55
Message: <45e14f1b$1@news.povray.org>
"Sherry Shaw" <tenmoonsPutAtCharacterHereaol-dot-com> schreef in bericht 
news:45e059df@news.povray.org...
> As of January 11, I was anxiously checking this group at least twice a day 
> for current info.
>
> On January 12, a serious ice storm hit the Missouri Ozarks....
That sounds like a pretty harsh event! Glad you made it through. Take care.

>
> Missing admin!  Army of volunteers arising to save the IRTC!  Ideas flying 
> like cows in a tornado!
Well, certainly not as severe as an ice storm, but enough indeed to bring up 
the rescue teams :-)

>
> Tina Chep!  What a marvelous idea!  I want to play!  And it's the 24th! 
> (Insert groans and heavy sighs here.)  Dammit!  Dammit!  Dammit!
She (Tina) is a nice character. At least, we all hope she is. She told me at 
least that you have still time to send in a contribution :-)

>
> <Mom voice>  I turn my back for *five minutes* and look what happens! 
> </Mom voice>
<grin> that sounds familiar...
>
> -- 
> #macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
> .3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+
> 1;#end camera{location-5*z}plane{z,37 pigment{granite color_map{[.7rgb 0]
> [1rgb 1]}}finish{ambient 2}}//                                   TenMoons

Nice signature, by the way!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry Shaw
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 25 Feb 2007 14:15:18
Message: <45e199f6@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Glad you made it through. Take care.
>  
>
...

>Nice signature, by the way!
>
>Thomas
>
>
>  
>
Thanks, and thanks!

--Sherry Shaw

-- 
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+
1;#end camera{location-5*z}plane{z,37 pigment{granite color_map{[.7rgb 0]
[1rgb 1]}}finish{ambient 2}}//                                   TenMoons


Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 28 Feb 2007 13:32:20
Message: <45e58464$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> "Sherry Shaw" <tenmoonsPutAtCharacterHereaol-dot-com> wrote in message 
> news:45e059df@news.povray.org...
> 
> 
>>Oh.  My.  God.
> 
> 
>   LOL! Well, you can still enter the Tina Chep comp, just do anything that 
> doesn't include a checkered plane and send it to me. I'm hoping that some 
> others are soon finishing their entries as we need more than we've got at 
> the moment...
>



Steve, hold the door for mine.  I should have it to you by around 6pm 
eastern time.  I made a fowlup on my overnight render.  It's not such a 
long render but the corrected version won't finish for another hour, 
meanwhile I have to leave to teach in 15 minutes.  Soooo,... hopefully 
when I return it will be done baking and I can get the e-mail in to you.

-Jim


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 28 Feb 2007 13:59:20
Message: <45e58ab8@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message 
news:45e58464$1@news.povray.org...

> Steve, hold the door for mine.  I should have it to you by around 6pm 
> eastern time.  I made a fowlup on my overnight render.  It's not such a 
> long render but the corrected version won't finish for another hour, 
> meanwhile I have to leave to teach in 15 minutes.  Soooo,... hopefully 
> when I return it will be done baking and I can get the e-mail in to you.

        Yep, no probs Jim, you have plenty of time as there are another 10 
hours or so to go, so, I'm not posting the images until tomorrow morning our 
time. This will give anyone else a chance to get theirs in too.

       Looking forward to seeing yours!  :o)

          ~Steve~


>
> -Jim


Post a reply to this message

From: Bruno Cabasson
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 28 Feb 2007 17:30:00
Message: <web.45e5bbfa5069c126f5fba6ef0@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> news:45e58464$1@news.povray.org...
>
> > Steve, hold the door for mine.  I should have it to you by around 6pm
> > eastern time.  I made a fowlup on my overnight render.  It's not such a
> > long render but the corrected version won't finish for another hour,
> > meanwhile I have to leave to teach in 15 minutes.  Soooo,... hopefully
> > when I return it will be done baking and I can get the e-mail in to you.
>
>         Yep, no probs Jim, you have plenty of time as there are another 10
> hours or so to go, so, I'm not posting the images until tomorrow morning our
> time. This will give anyone else a chance to get theirs in too.
>
>        Looking forward to seeing yours!  :o)
>
>           ~Steve~
>
>
> >

I also need every second till midnight... Currently rendering...

    Bruno
> > -Jim


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: Looking into NEAR future.
Date: 28 Feb 2007 18:09:32
Message: <45e5c55c@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote in message 
news:web.45e5bbfa5069c126f5fba6ef0@news.povray.org...

> I also need every second till midnight... Currently rendering...

    Good! That's going to hit double figures! :o)  Thank you Bruno, and take 
your time, this is just a fun exercise under the monica of 'Pseudo IRTC' for 
now, so I'll probably be adding your image (and anyone elses) first thing in 
the morning before viewing.

   I will also make another post concerning the present situation.

       ~Steve~


>
>    Bruno


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 2 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.