POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : waiting... Server Time: 6 Aug 2020 11:02:04 GMT
  waiting... (Message 1 to 10 of 29)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Norbert Kern
Subject: waiting...
Date: 20 May 2006 08:45:01
Message: <web.446ed6e8218e1bd5d02130260@news.povray.org>
I'm worried.
This is the longest waiting time for an update of the IRTC stills round
IIRC.
No new topic is published too.
And I'm curious about the results.
Am I the only one who is thinking like me?

waiting...


Norbert Kern


Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 20 May 2006 08:53:34
Message: <446ed90e@news.povray.org>
Norbert Kern <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Am I the only one who is thinking like me?

  Yes.

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

From: Roman Reiner
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 20 May 2006 12:15:01
Message: <web.446f080fbe843daba7422c850@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Norbert Kern <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > Am I the only one who is thinking like me?
>
>   Yes.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

What Warp wanted to say is that you are not the first one who askes this
question. It's rather that this is being asked after almost every round.
By using the search you and all the others before you would have found that
the ftp version of the site is updated much earlier than the website.

">3Ce8jh525bdgs9cj1s9o41b429035e3i1483@4ax.com%3E/" target="_new">http://news.povray.org/irtc.stills/thread/%3Ce8jh525bdgs9cj1s9o41b429035e3i1483@4ax.com%3E/

that's why you're the only one.

Regards Roman


Post a reply to this message

From: Roman Reiner
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 20 May 2006 12:20:00
Message: <web.446f092ebe843daba7422c850@news.povray.org>
looks like the link isn't displayed correctly... just view the first thread
that appears in a seach for "irtc update"


Post a reply to this message

From: Norbert Kern
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 20 May 2006 12:30:01
Message: <web.446f0b31be843dabd02130260@news.povray.org>
"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> looks like the link isn't displayed correctly... just view the first thread
> that appears in a seach for "irtc update"

I know the current round entries, I posted the links several times.
But normally the website is updated, you can see the current entries and the
new topic announced within 10 days. I cannot remember of a time lag like
now.
A 3 weeks delay is more or less normal only for announcing the results.


Norbert Kern


Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 20 May 2006 18:41:37
Message: <446f62e1@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> a écrit dans le message de
news: web.446f0b31be843dabd02130260@news.povray.org...
> "Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > looks like the link isn't displayed correctly... just view the first
thread
> > that appears in a seach for "irtc update"
>
> I know the current round entries, I posted the links several times.
> But normally the website is updated, you can see the current entries and
the
> new topic announced within 10 days. I cannot remember of a time lag like
> now.
> A 3 weeks delay is more or less normal only for announcing the results.
>
>
> Norbert Kern
>
>
I agree it is unusually long and where can we vote or post comments yet?

Marc


Post a reply to this message

From: Norbert Kern
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 20 May 2006 19:35:00
Message: <web.446f6e98be843dabd02130260@news.povray.org>
"M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> I agree it is unusually long and where can we vote or post comments yet?



Voting is possible - but only from an 'invisible' page
http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/vote.html


Norbert Kern


Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 21 May 2006 10:51:05
Message: <44704619@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> a écrit dans le message de
news: web.446f6e98be843dabd02130260@news.povray.org...
> Voting is possible - but only from an 'invisible' page
> http://irtc.org/stills/2006-04-30/vote.html
>
>
> Norbert Kern
>
Thank you :-)

Marc


Post a reply to this message

From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 21 May 2006 12:30:01
Message: <web.44705c20be843dab1039d0950@news.povray.org>
You are far from being the only one with such a concern.  Thank you for
raising the issue and for supplying information on how to access the images
along with the comment and voting pages.  Even though there are alternative
means of access, it is still worrying that twenty-one days have gone by
with no update of the main page.  Iím hoping that someone who is directly
associated with the IRTC will kindly come forward with an update.  I hope
everyone is well.

A repeat of info for anyone reading this who might have missed Mr. Kernís
other post: The new topic is "Light and Fog".

Best Regards,
Mike C.


"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> I'm worried.
> This is the longest waiting time for an update of the IRTC stills round
> IIRC.
> No new topic is published too.
> And I'm curious about the results.
> Am I the only one who is thinking like me?
>
> waiting...
>
>
> Norbert Kern


Post a reply to this message

From: Hildur K 
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 8 Jun 2006 10:25:01
Message: <web.4487f9debe843dab2e3296b70@news.povray.org>
>
> "Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > I'm worried.
> > This is the longest waiting time for an update of the IRTC stills round
> > IIRC.
> > No new topic is published too.
> > And I'm curious about the results.
> > Am I the only one who is thinking like me?
> >
> > waiting...
> >
> >
> > Norbert Kern

We are all thinking the same :)

This must be the longest waiting for results on the IRTC ever. Does anyone
have an idea why this is happening?

I don´t want this fine competition to dissappear from the face of the earth
just because no-one is there to update the IRTC website.
After all there are still lots of people willing to submit their hard work
and creativity to this fine competition.

Does anyone have an idea what can be done?

Hildur Kolbrun


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.