POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Seeking assistance Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Seeking assistance (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Warp
Subject: Seeking assistance
Date: 26 Aug 2009 11:51:25
Message: <4a9559fd@news.povray.org>
When the new IRTC site was announced, I made the solemn promise of
submitting an image to its first round. Unfortunately due to laziness
and lack of inspiraction, I might have to break that promise.

  However, I got one idea which could be implementable. Problem is, the
deadline is in less than a week, so there just isn't too much time to do
anything.

  The major problem is that my idea would need a (more or less detailed)
model of a realistic fox, preferably in a certain posture, and I can't
find any such free mesh model on the internet. It might be thinkable to
make a CSG model for this, but there simply isn't time for that. Thus
I would need some existing mesh model. However, I can't find any such
mesh models, nor do I own any software which I could use to model&pose
such a thing.

  I was wondering if anybody here would know where I could find such a
mesh model, or maybe someone has such a model, and maybe a program which
could be used to pose it appropriately, and would donate it for my IRTC
entry.

  Of course this is a desperate request due to the short amount of time
left, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On 26 Aug 2009 11:51:25 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Of course this is a desperate request due to the short amount of time
>left, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

If I can manage to download a copy of Daz's Millennium cat I will try convert it
into a fox mesh. What sort of pose do you require?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> When the new IRTC site was announced, I made the solemn promise of
> submitting an image to its first round. Unfortunately due to laziness
> and lack of inspiraction, I might have to break that promise.
>
>   However, I got one idea which could be implementable. Problem is, the
> deadline is in less than a week, so there just isn't too much time to do
> anything.
>
>   The major problem is that my idea would need a (more or less detailed)
> model of a realistic fox, preferably in a certain posture, and I can't
> find any such free mesh model on the internet. It might be thinkable to
> make a CSG model for this, but there simply isn't time for that. Thus
> I would need some existing mesh model. However, I can't find any such
> mesh models, nor do I own any software which I could use to model&pose
> such a thing.
>
>   I was wondering if anybody here would know where I could find such a
> mesh model, or maybe someone has such a model, and maybe a program which
> could be used to pose it appropriately, and would donate it for my IRTC
> entry.
>
>   Of course this is a desperate request due to the short amount of time
> left, but it doesn't hurt to ask...
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

I am fairly proficient in Wings, but I don't have much animal experience, and I
am still practicing texturing with UV mapping.  Also, Wings doesn't do posing
very well directly, and the project I was working on before (manipulating
meshes using a skeleton macro in pov) is very thoroughly stalled, largely
because my C skills are week, particularly when it comes to writing parsing
code...or understanding the parsing code of others.

Do you know exactly what pose?  Could you find examples of the pose?  I might be
able to give it a whirl.

-Reactor

Post a reply to this message

> >  Of course this is a desperate request due to the short amount of time
> >left, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

> If I can manage to download a copy of Daz's Millennium cat I will try convert it
> into a fox mesh. What sort of pose do you require?

  A state of readiness, looking a bit to the side (at the camera), in a
somewhat menacing posture.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Do you know exactly what pose?  Could you find examples of the pose?  I might be
> able to give it a whirl.

  Maybe something like this, but perhaps slightly more menacing:
http://www.1adventure.com/archives/images/frank-red-fox-colorado-lowrescrop.jpg

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message