POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Re: irtc...being proactive Server Time: 6 Aug 2020 10:28:40 GMT
  Re: irtc...being proactive (Message 1 to 7 of 7)  
From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Re: irtc...being proactive
Date: 28 Jan 2007 22:11:42
Message: <45BD1F7B.4040809@anthrosphinx.de>
I wrote five minutes ago, in irtc.animations:

> The current admin is supposedly Jesse Becker, though it's really 
> worrisome that he's so long unaccounted for... maybe just because i've 
> had very bad experiences when people suddenly stopped their online 
> activities, because things DO happen...
> 
> Feeding J.B.'s PGP key (not the name) from his Nov.2006 postings into 
> Google turned up no newsgroup posts after Jan. 2005. OK, that's not 
> quite thorough research, and proves just about nothing, but it's as 
> disquieting as the IRTC's silence.
> 
> I've written to his two PGP-confirmed mail accounts that turned up in 
> the process. Keeping fingers crossed...

Alright, i'm officially creeped out now.

Both accounts, at speakeasy.net and yahoo.com, do not exist 
(any more?). Bounce, end of Data, "This user doesn't have a 
yahoo.com account", "speakeasy.net: Sorry, no mailbox here 
by that name".

Well, i ran out of ideas and can see the floor of my toolbox 
now. Don't know what else to do. Will pass this on to stills 
and irtc-l, too. Don't flame me for crossposting. I just 
felt it's important.

Anybody else any bright ideas...?

-Markus


Post a reply to this message

From: Hildur K 
Subject: Re: irtc...being proactive
Date: 29 Jan 2007 00:50:00
Message: <web.45bd447779e7bc5b505d35150@news.povray.org>
Markus Altendorff <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote:

> > Feeding J.B.'s PGP key (not the name) from his Nov.2006 postings into
> > Google turned up no newsgroup posts after Jan. 2005. OK, that's not
> > quite thorough research, and proves just about nothing, but it's as
> > disquieting as the IRTC's silence.

I found this post from Jesse, don´t know if this e-mail address is still
valid???

http://luni.org/pipermail/luni/2002-June/005887.html

Hildur


Post a reply to this message

From: dbott
Subject: Re: irtc...being proactive
Date: 29 Jan 2007 04:35:05
Message: <45bd7979$1@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message
news:45B### [at] anthrosphinxde...
> I wrote five minutes ago, in irtc.animations:
>
> > The current admin is supposedly Jesse Becker, though it's really
> > worrisome that he's so long unaccounted for... maybe just because i've
> > had very bad experiences when people suddenly stopped their online
> > activities, because things DO happen...
> >
> > Feeding J.B.'s PGP key (not the name) from his Nov.2006 postings into
> > Google turned up no newsgroup posts after Jan. 2005. OK, that's not
> > quite thorough research, and proves just about nothing, but it's as
> > disquieting as the IRTC's silence.
> >
> > I've written to his two PGP-confirmed mail accounts that turned up in
> > the process. Keeping fingers crossed...
>
> Alright, i'm officially creeped out now.
>
> Both accounts, at speakeasy.net and yahoo.com, do not exist
> (any more?). Bounce, end of Data, "This user doesn't have a
> yahoo.com account", "speakeasy.net: Sorry, no mailbox here
> by that name".
>
> Well, i ran out of ideas and can see the floor of my toolbox
> now. Don't know what else to do. Will pass this on to stills
> and irtc-l, too. Don't flame me for crossposting. I just
> felt it's important.
>
> Anybody else any bright ideas...?
>
> -Markus

no, we just see what develops.........

And, Markus you are right (the voice of reason) I would hate it
if someone or a group of someone's walked into my house
and started cooking.

Bruno
Last, I would never want harm to come to anybody....I hope this
person (irtc.admin) is not hurt or in any kind of serious danger.
We have enough crap to deal with on this planet.
I guess that's why I escape into my computer and program.

dbott


Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Re: irtc...being proactive
Date: 29 Jan 2007 07:41:30
Message: <45bda52a$1@news.povray.org>
dbott wrote:

> no, we just see what develops.........

As much as i hate to say it, but i'm sure this isn't really an option 
any more...

> 
> And, Markus you are right (the voice of reason) I would hate it
> if someone or a group of someone's walked into my house
> and started cooking.

Wow, "voice of reason" - that's a first for me ;)
Seriously: Yes, it's usually not quite good style to do so. However, two 
details just stepped up from the back of my mind:
1) The IRTC has a provable track record of various admins already, so 
it's supposedly "for the community" and not "someone's very own baby". 
(that's not meant as harsh as it sounds, though.)
2) In Nov. 2006, Jesse already asked for "someone to move things along" 
while he was busy.

In *that* light, it should be possible to at least ask the Povray.org 
admin to assign someone to help out.

That doesn't solve the problem of possibly no-one being familiar with 
irtc.org's inner workings. We really need some lead to someone who is, 
to make this work. This, too, is something i hope someone from the upper 
tier at povray.org has a lead to.

If no one has already contacted the nic.com's contact 
dc(something)@aussie.org, i'll write a letter to them once i'm back at 
my home computer.

-Markus


Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: irtc...being proactive
Date: 29 Jan 2007 08:58:44
Message: <45bdb744@news.povray.org>
Markus Altendorff wrote:
> If no one has already contacted the nic.com's contact
> dc(something)@aussie.org, i'll write a letter to them once i'm back at
> my home computer.

Aussie.org owner and admin is also Chris Cason, so no need to send him yet
another email about the IRTC issue.

	Thorsten, POV-Team


Post a reply to this message

From: Isaac K
Subject: Re: irtc...being proactive
Date: 29 Jan 2007 16:10:01
Message: <web.45be1bb679e7bc5b11eb7c010@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
> Markus Altendorff wrote:
> > If no one has already contacted the nic.com's contact
> > dc(something)@aussie.org, i'll write a letter to them once i'm back at
> > my home computer.
>
> Aussie.org owner and admin is also Chris Cason, so no need to send him yet
> another email about the IRTC issue.
>
>  Thorsten, POV-Team



Yes, Chris Cason has already personally assured me that he is well aware of
the current situation with the IRTC, but since he is not one of the people
who run the competition--that is to say, he doesn't administrate it--that
means he can't make changes to it or reassign administrative roles any more
than we can.

For the meantime, let's hope that Jesse Becker is doing well, and hopefully
we'll hear from him soon.


In light of the problems which the IRTC has been experiencing of late, it's
been impressive to see how quickly the Povray Community has stepped up to
keep things moving along: the stills participants have already set up a
temporary competition for Jan-Feb, and the animation participants have
already set up a viewing page for their most recent competition.

Perhaps the participants of the Nov-Dec stills competition should follow the
animators' example and set up a viewing page for the "Complexity"
competition?  I'd be happy to provide the webspace for this, if anyone is
interested.  Perhaps I could set something up for viewing and commenting
(but, obviously, it wouldn't involve voting).

Feel free to post something on this forum or email me at:
mai### [at] isaackulkacom
if you're interested in this.

-Isaac K


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: irtc...being proactive
Date: 29 Jan 2007 19:55:00
Message: <web.45be4e6f79e7bc5b2c043aeb0@news.povray.org>
"Isaac K" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>
> For the meantime, let's hope that Jesse Becker is doing well, and hopefully
> we'll hear from him soon.

   Yes, it IS a little worrying...


>
>
> In light of the problems which the IRTC has been experiencing of late, it's
> been impressive to see how quickly the Povray Community has stepped up to
> keep things moving along: the stills participants have already set up a
> temporary competition for Jan-Feb, and the animation participants have
> already set up a viewing page for their most recent competition.
>
> Perhaps the participants of the Nov-Dec stills competition should follow the
> animators' example and set up a viewing page for the "Complexity"
> competition?

  You know, I am just itching to see those images. Just think, the topic is
'Complexity'. I REALLY wanted to enter that one but couldn't, work-wise.
Anyway, those images, .zip and .txt files are just sitting there. Right
Here, Right Now as they say. Doing nothing but waiting in the queue known
as CyberSpace.

  ~Steve~






> -Isaac K


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.