POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : irtc...being proactive : Re: irtc...being proactive Server Time
18 Apr 2024 15:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: irtc...being proactive
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 29 Jan 2007 02:41:30
Message: <45bda52a$1@news.povray.org>
dbott wrote:

> no, we just see what develops.........

As much as i hate to say it, but i'm sure this isn't really an option
any more...

> And, Markus you are right (the voice of reason) I would hate it
> if someone or a group of someone's walked into my house
> and started cooking.

Wow, "voice of reason" - that's a first for me ;)
Seriously: Yes, it's usually not quite good style to do so. However, two
details just stepped up from the back of my mind:
1) The IRTC has a provable track record of various admins already, so
it's supposedly "for the community" and not "someone's very own baby".
(that's not meant as harsh as it sounds, though.)
2) In Nov. 2006, Jesse already asked for "someone to move things along"
while he was busy.

In *that* light, it should be possible to at least ask the Povray.org
admin to assign someone to help out.

That doesn't solve the problem of possibly no-one being familiar with
irtc.org's inner workings. We really need some lead to someone who is,
to make this work. This, too, is something i hope someone from the upper
tier at povray.org has a lead to.

If no one has already contacted the nic.com's contact
dc(something)@aussie.org, i'll write a letter to them once i'm back at
my home computer.

-Markus