POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC Update Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:49:45 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC Update (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: David Buck
Subject: IRTC Update
Date: 22 Apr 2008 00:06:44
Message: <480d6454$1@news.povray.org>
I thought I'd let you know the status of the new web site since it's
been a while since we announced the IRTC revival project.

The coding is coming along well.  I've captured the historical
information from the existing site and I'll have that available on the
new site.  Working components include the main page, the history of
prior rounds, login, registration, voting and submitting.  I'm working
out the details of the awarding process.  I should be able to get the
code basically ready within a week or two.

I expect to get the HTML and CSS for the web site by mid May from our
graphics artist.  After that, I'll need to spend a bit of time
re-working the rendering part of the code to match this HTML.

I'm hoping to get the IRTC site running under the new code in early
June.  At that time, you should be able to view the prior rounds and
register yourself in the site.  You can choose a user name separate from
your e-mail address which will remain private.

The IRTC Stills competition normally starts on an odd month so
July-August 2008 will likely be the first round in the new Stills
competition.  The animation round will likely start Aug 15th and finish
October 15th.

I'm looking forward to getting everything running as quickly as possible.

David Buck

Post a reply to this message