POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Sept-Oct round awarded - Nov-Dec round open for voting : Re: Sept-Oct round awarded - Nov-Dec round open for voting Server Time: 8 Mar 2021 11:51:12 GMT
  Re: Sept-Oct round awarded - Nov-Dec round open for voting
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 5 Jan 2010 17:04:58
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> the only explanation is that these people use the competitions as a sort of
> free hosting service for their image galleries, so they can later link to
> them somewhere.

It's probably the other way round: a method to promote their
own gallery and services by backlinking to their page.

> BTW, I don't know how we can try to avoid this...

If it turns out to become a real problem, a corresponding
check box could be added to the voting page, e.g.

   "[ ] I consider this to be an invalid entry"

implying deletion if checked by more than 50% of voters
and otherwise treated as worst possible vote.