POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Looking to the future : Re: Looking to the future Server Time: 28 Sep 2020 19:16:45 GMT
  Re: Looking to the future
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Feb 2007 12:50:32
Thanks indeed Chris, for your outlook.

I always wait till other people have given their comments :-) They are often
much better in formulating things than I am. So I join and support the
comments already given here. Warp's comment in particular, I found
interesting as I had not realized that point consciously. It is very
important that a future IRTC, or its continuing, should provide for the
artistic-minded and the technical-minded, in alternance or in parallel
competitions. We all can learn profoundly from both aspects, and I believe
they may even strengthen and complement each other.

I am very much in favour also of the proposals you have given, especially
the use of Challenges, with shorter or longer runtimes and/or complexities.
But again, let me stress the importance of some survival of the classic IRTC
philosophy as a continuity link, or a backbone if you wish, of the
competion(s).

Thomas