POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : idea: util for "sharing" CPU power : Re: idea: util for "sharing" CPU power Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: idea: util for "sharing" CPU power
From: Robert C  Corkum
Date: 21 Dec 2001 19:01:37
Message: <ipi72uoibgj5kh6nf8v8qd0gapmc440tre@4ax.com>
Actually if you could have a trusted network shared along with simple
io blocking I think it would be 'fairly safe' just use something like
a trusted key system or a central server that passes out trusted files
to be shared and auto combines them I know this is more talk then
programming (oh how I miss my linux side and gcc or I would be getting
out the faq's and such to see if I could help but alas cygwin is just
not my cup of tea under nt :(

being on an old clunker and I run setiservice but I think this would
be a great idea, could run it background low priority on the windows
system actually as I think about this and I know its not a new idea
its a dream of every povray user I think to have a power rendering
farm for those dream job's. but the more I think about it trusted
server's to pass out slices of work and or at least links/port's to
slices of work etc would be sweet. heck I leave my old crate on 24/7
honestly because scared to death one of the old HD's is gonna fail on
on cold start and would gladly donate my cycles to worthy projects.

great to see the discussion going though, only good things can come
from free exchange.

Rob