POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Union door and handle : Re: Union door and handle Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Union door and handle
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Aug 2009 12:12:08
Message: <ioht85l9amlt74tlaihkmfaej0pll1s636@4ax.com>
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:37:30 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:

Sorry I messed up a post :(

As Warp says:

Yes you need to group your door and handle in a union and rotate that union. But
remember that every rotate is about the origin. You will need to translate your
objects to the appropriate position rotate the union and translate them back.

I don't hand code but use a modeller so I can't give you a written example. I
would create a union where the hinge would be add the objects to it then
subtract the translation of the union. But that maybe a roundabout way of
describing it.
--

Regards
     Stephen