POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : environment mapping : Re: environment mapping Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: environment mapping
From: Peter Popov
Date: 8 Sep 2002 05:30:03
Message: <im5mnuo13vskt79ik6059ubaktop1i8k24@4ax.com>
On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 01:43:09 +0100, "Pandora"
<pan### [at] pandora-softwarecom> wrote:

>    Don't forget that for quite a large proportion of people reading and
>posting here English _is not_ their native language and may well be using
>non-English OS's - being picky about a few minor errors in their posts
>clearly shows disrespect towards these people - and quite frankly,
>Christoph, I would have thought you would be one of the more forgiving
>people in this respect...

Well, Scott, I am not a native speaker, and I am not using an English
OS nor the keyboard layout I am used to. In fact, the OS and software
I use are almost without exception in a language I don't know, German.
I still care to run my posts through a spell-checker nonetheless. I am
not saying that I have to, or even that I should, only that I do.
Neither am I obliged to shave every morning before I go to work, but I
do so anyway. Nor is anyone making me call my boss (with whom we are
good friends) "Sir" when there are guests at the office. It all comes
down to respect and/or sloppiness.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg