POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : question: need 2 curve memory req's for scene... : Re: question: need 2 curve memory req's for scene... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: question: need 2 curve memory req's for scene...
From: Peter Popov
Date: 29 Oct 2000 08:15:53
Message: <ijhnvsg13q8iditfg11fnq31rk9omj4qfg@4ax.com>
On Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:07:42 -0500, "Johnny Smith"
<joh### [at] homecom> wrote:

>    I'm using an image AS a heightfield in several different places within a
>scene.
>Each time I use it..I must read it in...each time I do..it requires more and
>more
>memory...  Any way to read ONCE...and then assign something to it?
>I guess the equivalent would be a pointer C/C++

Try declaring it and then reusing it. Meshes work this way but whether
this holds for HFs I can't say right now. Do a test and see.

As a side note, if using pre-declared HFs indeed makes copies of them,
would it be too hard to make POV do it the mesh way?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet