POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : distance pattern ? : Re: distance pattern ? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distance pattern ?
Date: 10 Jul 2002 05:17:04
Message: <iiuniucqugvah8npbnj2f00pd5kcm2jnij@4ax.com>
On 9 Jul 2002 23:01:00 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> pixelized {
>   object ...
>   100,100,100
> }
>
> that will create 100x100x100 bits arrar - informing is some point inside
> object or not. In addition - it will be very fast to use, and object size
> (maybe speed) can be optimized using binary trees (or something simmilar).

No need for patching. It is already done in my implementation of distance
pattern via functions.

> I realy do NOT like modyfing somones other code, especialy when its so big
> and complex as Pov's source.

If you really want to help POV or You want work in any team professionally you
should learn to work with other sources. Moreover POV sources are complex in
total size but basic in general raytracing algorithms and are builded very
clear. Yes, there is no so much comments but identifiers are usually
selfexplaining.

ABX