POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is the most marketable skill? : Re: What is the most marketable skill? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is the most marketable skill?
From: Mike Williams
Date: 7 Jan 2004 22:05:30
Message: <ibbbpDAtjM$$EwZv@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it incognito who wrote:

>I understand that Maya is a pretty expensive tool so I was wondering if you
>know any compressed courses that would train in it? Unfortunately, in this
>program, you can't get money to purchase SW and train yourself
>independently, it has to be a program. It has to be a full time program too
>not part time.

There's a free training version of Maya (Maya 5 Personal Learning
Edition) that has all the capabilities of the full package except that
all the images and the working environment are stamped with a "not for
commercial use" watermark. I think it needs a fairly beefy computer to
run on, and won't run on old operating systems - needs Windows XP pro,
Windows 2000 pro or Mac OS X. You can download it for free (137MB) or
pay $19.99 to get it on CD together with a tutorial DVD.

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/maya/maya_ple/index.shtml

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure