POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Jan 2009 05:46:40
Message: <i84um4de5b86qcsjccjbnqnloqq318ugf6@4ax.com>
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:25:54 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Seriously, I keep acting like I'm some highly intelligent dude who
>*deserves* to be in a technical job. But what evidence is that actually
>based on? I have the lowest IQ on the whole of the POV-Ray server. I
>nearly failed my degree.

I wouldn't call a 2:1 nearly failing and you got your degree which is more than
I ever did.

>I'm supposedly an ace programmer but I can't do
>either C or C++, the languages used for 98% of all computer programming.
>I've been coding for decades, but I have not one single finished program
>to show for all my efforts. I'm supposedly an excellent writer, but I
>can't write reports.

It is hard to finish projects when you don't have the motivation, we all know
that.  Who said that you were an excellent writer and why can't you write
reports? That is something that comes with practice and tutelage.

>Who the hell am I trying to kid? I'm nobody!

If you are nobody then why does everyone here spend their time with you?

>My entire life thus far has been a near-complete waste of time. No
>matter what I do, I never succeed at anything. I'm hardly ever happy,
>just constantly depressed. What do I have to live for? What is there for
>me to look forward to? Why should I even go on?? Why bother being alive
>if you can't have happiness?

Jam tomorrow!
Keep plugging away, if you think that your life is hard then think of people
living in shanty towns, the third world or Gaza.
Don't despair things can get better only if you don't give up.
--

Regards
     Stephen