POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math book recommendations? : Re: Math book recommendations? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math book recommendations?
From: Calidore
Date: 4 Jul 2004 12:20:41
Message: <i4bge01f04lu7gtefu9p7oe4boqal60vts@4ax.com>
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:17:45 -0400, "Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet>
wrote:

>"Calidore" <nos### [at] thanksanywaycom> wrote in message
>> Finally ready to start playing with POVRay, but even though math was
>> always my strong point in school, I have only a high-school education,
>> and that ended 20 years ago.  So, two questions:
>>
>> 1) Aside from the obvious basic geometry, what areas of math are most
>> useful for basic and advanced POVRay use?
>>
>> 2) What are the best easy-to-find books (the kind I could find at
>> Barnes & Noble et al) for brushing myself up on/teaching myself said
>> math?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> Calidore
>
>a million interesting things can be learned from wandering through
>http://mathworld.wolfram.com
>
>also, http://planetmath.org/ which has a "Books" section for freely
>available electronic books

Wow.  Looks like most of that stuff is way past my level, but luckily
(?) my brain already exploded a few weeks ago when, having realized
I've heard a lot of talk about the end of the universe but nothing at
all about the beginning (before the big bang, as in, how'd that state
come about), I did some googling.  Ow.  The strong-skulled are
referred to http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/qanda.html

Still, I've bookmarked the pages for educational browsing.  Thanks!

Best,

Calidore