POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Mar 2008 11:46:13
Message: <i1vku3pe2isb1ch89phruhnsccdhmpma1v@4ax.com>
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:26:07 -0300, nemesis
<nam### [at] nospamgmailcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> I fear for the society that you live in then.
>
>It's pretty much the same as yours, as in "western".

I fear for mine too as it is drifting more to the west every year. And
what makes you think that all Western societies are the same? I've
just come back from the Netherlands and I would say that it is
different from the British one. People think and behave differently as
they do in the Latin countries in Europe.

>> And why should being a
>> famous scientist make you good?
>
>Perhaps an unwise choice of words:  "accomplished" might be more well
>suited.  It might do good by making a finding that might lead to
>revolutions like agriculture or domestication of fire have.  Or simply
>better medicine, better tools etc.

I wouldn't trust a scientist to chose my wallpaper never mind tell me
what to do :)

>> As for artists well history is full of
>> them being castigated for their views
>
>Castigated or not, such views sure were eye-openers.

So! I wouldn't trust an artist to chose my morning paper never mind
tell me what to do :)

>> and I won't give my view on most
>> of the religious leaders around.
>
>Most = 90% and I think I've already made my point about the finding of
>true gems among rocks.

To yourself maybe not to me.

>Hmm, supposedly because sex is a bodily function and when disembodied
>the soul should have no need for it?  OTOH, you don't even need to get
>as far as Hinduism or others far east religions to suggest sex in
>Heaven:  Judaism considers that in the final days the Garden of Eden
>will be restored right here and the dead will resurrect with their own
>bodies restored.  Perhaps that explains why they are careful with their
>possessions.

You can't keep your foot out of your mouth, can you?

>> Is that the same God that will condemn me to everlasting Hell because
>> I don't believe He/She exists?
>
>I don't think anyone was ever punished for not believing God exists.
>Now, worshiping other gods or idols is another story...

Sorry, this is planet Earth we are talking about, are we?
It must be early in the morning for you so lets forget all about these
posts
--

Regards
     Stephen