POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Morphing... : Re: Morphing... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Morphing...
From: Peter Popov
Date: 29 Nov 1999 17:42:23
Message: <hwBDOLxBbpUa8iAV=RB32ObNcqGz@4ax.com>
On 29 Nov 1999 11:52:23 -0500, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:

>  Morphing should be theoretically possible with povray 3.1 (altough it may
>be easier with uvpov).
>  The idea behind morphing is that you specify a (2D) triangle mesh in the
>first image and an equivalent mesh (same number of triangles at same relative
>locations) in the other image and them interpolate between the meshes. The
>triangles have the UV-textures defined by the images and these textures are
>interpolated too.
>  It shouldn't be difficult to set up a tool (include file?) for doing this
>with povray. It's like the triangle mesh morphing plus uv-mapping with
>the textures interpolated.

That's exactly what I had done (thanks to the UV mapping macro) but
it's all gone now. Anyway, I abandoned the problem because I ran into
a great problem with adaptive mesh subdivision (more precisely, POV's
arrays being static). Without it, great deformations were a pain,
especially near the image edges, and parsing was slow enough with a
20000 triangles mesh, so I gave up on non-adaptive subdivision. It
doesn't matter anymore either way.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700