POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About PovRay 4 : Re: About PovRay 4 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About PovRay 4
From: ABX
Date: 16 Dec 2003 06:14:36
Message: <huottv8ip5lglngcmge0b7mq0u0o16oh8j@4ax.com>
On 16 Dec 2003 05:48:17 -0500, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <lor### [at] onocom>
wrote:
> Is simple curiosity. Because PovRay 3.5 have a date of 2002 and i dont know
> if the "project" stay alive, or 3.5 was the last pov.

What sign would you like to expect to see to know it is alive? In other words
what you did to verify POV activity yourself? I do not expect you know every
thread on this newsserver but no dubts large number of posts on this server
has meaning. Why new entries appear in 'News' sections on the website with
lack of 'POV-Ray is dead'? Why informations for Windows 2003 and note about
beta for MacPOV-3.5.1 appeared on download page? What is said in faq group
about POV4? AFAIK 3.5.1 (bugfix release) is under development and IIRC will be
released when will be ready, thought if you know any bug you would expect to
be fixed it has to be known with well written bug report first. Please, say to
your friend that we all wish to have POV-Ray 4 with two zeros in year number
;-)

ABX