POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
8 Sep 2024 05:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: Stephen
Date: 24 May 2008 11:25:06
Message: <hpcg34l2mqet7uqugv2ik4feu3apop54n5@4ax.com>
On 24 May 2008 05:09:04 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  However, what are inches divided into? How would you express 7mm in
>inches?

Inches are divided into halves, quarters, eights, sixteenths and
thirtyseconds (1/32). We use thous (1/1000) in engineering. OK the
metric system is more logical but the imperial system is more
intuitive if you have taken the trouble to learn it so that you can
work in it without thinking. I use both. It is similar to using
fractions and decimals. You can also have fun with vulgar fractions
such as: the length is one and nine eights. ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen