POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 10 Mar 2004 18:03:49
Message: <hj7v40pv64248lu1e7p4jajt07bp7ufpv0@4ax.com>
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:00:24 +0100, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>IMBJR wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:42:38 +0100, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom>
>> wrote:

>>>That may be so (for some value of foul) but you are still being rude
>>>to anyone who might have a different opinion. So that you have
>>>corrected yourself is a blatant lie.
>>

>> People are rude me, I respond in kind. Seems we are all in breach of
>> that rather vague AUP.
>That again is not true, you responded rude to various people that
>were not rude to you. May be you though that they were rude, but
>more often than not _I_ could not see it. For me most of your
>attacks came totally out of the blue.

You obviously are missing the full context. I suggest you re-read the
thread and you will see this did not appear out-of-the-blue.

>>>If a large number of people complain about your behaviour then
>>>take the hint, try to understand what they find rude and stop
>>>doing it. FYI any statement from you along the lines of:
>>>'one million lemmings can't be wrong' or statements of similar
>>>intent, I will regard as rude, childish, and not to the point.
>>

>> Talk about trolling.
>You seem to have a totally different idea about what trolling
>is than I do. Previous experience tells me that any discussion
>about this is therefore senseless.

That's why people debate, because of differences!

>> Are you trying to get me into trouble?
>On the contrary I was trying to keep you from getting into
>trouble, by anticipating the kind of remarks you normally
>make. (I can guess some possible replies, but I leave it to
>you this time to restrain yourself).

Strange how you did not get the replies you wanted though, isn't it?

>>>I am seriously considering leaving if I see any more of this kind of
>>>post from IMBJR. Not only does it takes too much time to go through
>>>these senseless discussions, but I feel often so offended that it
>>>takes also a considerable amount of time to calm down.
>>>(IMBJR: any comment hinting at my sensitivity I will consider rude,
>>>childish, and not to the point.)
>>

>> Talk about trolling. Are you trying to get me into trouble?
>On the contrary I was trying to keep you from getting into
>trouble, by anticipating the kind of remarks you normally
>make. (I can guess some possible replies, but I leave it to
>you this time to restrain yourself)

Strange how you did not get the replies you wanted though, isn't it?

>>>Is there a place where I can register a formal complaint?
>>

>> Please, put me in your killfile and be done with it.

>No that won't work, I will still see the replies of others.
>Actually, until today I even did not know I could move
>someone into a killfile and I only searched because
>someone in a tread polluted with your rude remarks
>mentioned the term. In all those 20+ years I have been
>on the internet (or comparable) I never ever met someone
>that made such a thing necessary. (I can guess some
>possible replies, but I leave it to you this time to
>restrain yourself)

For 20 years and you never knew about a killfile? Interesting.

PS. Again, sorry to disappoint. Learn to have your expectations
disappointed when debating with me.

>No for another reason, I still hope you tone down and behave
>like a decent fellow human being. I have seen some of your
>work (though not all the latest, because for reasons entirely
>my own, I will not install new software on the machine I
>use to read the news with) and I think your work is of high
>quality and an inspiration for others. I just hope that
>you do something about that temper of yours. If I may be so
>bold to do a suggestion: whenever you feel personally
>attacked by an e-mail. Leave it for a day, reread it when
>you are completely rested and if you still feel angry,
>express that you felt attacked and do not immediately
>retaliate. I guarantee you that in 90+% of all cases
>it was never the intention to launch a personal attack.

I doubt it. Time would not have corrected what had happened. The
offense would still have been present - no doubt compounded by
people's jocular remarks on top of it as they remarked on the offense.

>Though in your case your previous rude behaviour will
>make the score lower.
>(FYI this mail isn't a personal attack either, nor were
>any of my other mails. If you think otherwise, reread).

Again, for me a personal attack does not involve words.

>	Andrel

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com