POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D World Mag : Re: 3D World Mag Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D World Mag
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Dec 2003 13:12:05
Message: <hhrbb1-q57.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> It's Informatik-Spektrum. I suppose that it will (again) be about a paper
> related to Xfrog. The accompanying text, however, will contain a technical
> description mentionning POV-Ray and particularly radiosity and isosurfaces.

Great, do you know which issue it will appear in?  For those who are
interested:

http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00287/index.htm

> I realise that I forgot to tell that the November issue of the German 3d
> magazine Creative Live contained my "Dark side of the trees" image (about
> the Xfrog plug-in for C4D and co - this is getting weird). Pretty
> impressive: they did a full page with a detail of the pic and the impression
> was top notch. No mention of POV-Ray though (just a link to my site).

You probably should not be astonished about this.  The german market of
popular magazines on technical stuff is anything but independent - quite
understandable since they make most money from selling advertisement
space and they need to maintain good relations to those companies that
pay for these.  I did not actually see what they wrote but of course it
is really quite questionable to feature such an image in a magazine that
is about 3D software among other things and simply 'forget' to mention
the software used to generate the image.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______