POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 4 Jan 2001 02:38:31
Message: <hg985tggg63ttvvps5qi8dnrns6ia7ogbd@4ax.com>
On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 00:00:58 -0500, "Bill Dewitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom>
wrote:

>    But this is not Ken's house, I was not insulting anyone and I asked
>legitimate questions and made reasonable comments about the subject of "what
>happened to off-topic", ie: the subject at hand.

Ken, as well as other TAG members -- Chris Huff, Chris Colefax, Warp,
Margus Ramst and myself, have been granted full permission from the
server admin to act on his behalf "in regards to its administration,
and in terms of enforcement and interpretation of the news server
Acceptable Use Policy." Or do you not read the announcements group?

>    If you told me to shut up in a business, perhaps a restaurant,
>that -someone-else- owned, someone who had -not- asked me to stop asking
>simple questions about the restaurant, I would respond as I do to any other
>mouthy, bossy, sanctimonious, intrusive customer or employee.

It is rarely the owner's business to deal with drunk people, fights,
shootings or whatever. There are people who take care of such
situations and do so with the owner's authorisation. I doubt you will
protest if the security in the Sheraton restaurant warns you if you
start breaking things and tilting tables.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg