POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Unified Motion Protocol : Re: Unified Motion Protocol Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unified Motion Protocol
From: Mike Williams
Date: 24 Jul 2003 14:39:28
Message: <hUUEbLANfCI$EwB0@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Florian Brucker who wrote:

>I'd really like to hear what more experienced povers think about this idea.
>Fantastic? Impossible? Not worth the effort? Just tell me what you think
>about it!

Rather than reinventing the wheel, it would make sense to use the
existing BVH motion capture file format. This would mean that extensive
existing libraries of motion files could be used directly.

Some attempts have been made in the past to use BVH files in POV. See,
for example:-

<http://news.povray.org/3cb7397c@news.povray.org>
<http://news.povray.org/3cba97a7@news.povray.org>

--