POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Mar 2008 17:45:21
Message: <h30ju311vs5r06m17udsq390vvgmfcajlm@4ax.com>
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:59:58 -0300, nemesis
<nam### [at] nospamgmailcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> You might say that but I couldn't possibly comment.
>
>I'm just a software programmer, not even seeking to dominate the world
>by inventing some super AI and calling it G.O.D.

That was a joke, a quote even :)

>> Sorry, I was brought up a Presbyterian who was taught that you don't
>> need anyone to stand between you and your morals.
>
>And happy you are.

Wrong! Taught but not encouraged, I might have added.

> Most people in the world are brought up to
>revere/worship/follow religious authorities, dictators, kings,
>politicians, popstars, cult authors etc.

By the religious authorities, dictators, kings etc :)

>It seems to be in human nature
>to be in constant search of out-of-ordinary heroes to be personal models
>of behavior.

Depends what you mean by out-of-ordinary heroes? A good man or woman
would do me.

>> IMO The vast majority of people need food and an
>> education and not to be oppressed.
>
>I agree.  Even so, I can't help but fear that most of these
>non-oppressed, educated people would still be in search of other people
>to tell them how they should live their lives -- like indeed is very
>common to see people in big industrialized cities to search for some
>help to their personal problems with psychoanalysts (a modern father of
>sorts).

Not when I was young in dockland Glasgow. I think that is an American
thing.

Let people have something worthwhile to do and the means to do it and
they would be a lot happier and healthier.

>The problem with people isn't education or political regimes:
>it's that they are too damn lazy to try to solve their problems and end
>up resorting to others.

No point in giving them baths is there? I'm sure that they would only
put coal in them.
That means that I've heard it before and I don't believe it. In fact
it doesn't wash :)

>> And as for being as much of a sinner as anyone else. Then stop being
>> one and that includes the sins of making people believe in your small
>> god
>
>I don't force God down the throats of anyone, do I?

Small gods refers to the diminishing power of schisms in religion. And
no I don't think you do, do you?

--

Regards
     Stephen